Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Harbingers Of Slower Growth (or losing gains)...

       For the first time, my advisors are cutting fees.  Unsolicited discounts in management fees (after already bargained down) is an interesting development.   2009 isn't over, but I seriously doubt is we could achieve the gains we had this year in 2010.  I don't expect the phenom in +%'s to run, even with increased R&D.  I'm up 300% (and heavy change) for the year, but not w/o some Dealing (we've paid broker's kids tuition even at Scott and TD).  Those of us who were IN took a hit in the Fall of '08; but I'd glady take another hit (with the same % loss) to have the same runup in 2010.  The last block of trades we made went to Holding Accounts with the exception of TGIC.  Even that trade, I cut in half and spread to our other Buys.
     As for losing gains: we won't.  It's the contunued plays which concerns me.  The Game isn't over, but I think it will be awhile until we're playing in another Bowl.
     
     Maybe we should think about reorganizing The Clique into
a formal Investment Concern.
(more truth than fiction in this...)

Results from The Quorum re: Next Years Taxes is due, soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment