Monday, November 15, 2010

Off-Topic - Rant...No Cheap Advice...

Based on yet another interruption on Friday night, as The Clique must field questions from outsiders...

     My Clique has had it's personality clashes over the past year and consensus on what Positions to Buy, Sell and Hold does get contentious.  On Friday's, we've had our alcohol-fueled disagreements (Johnny Walker is our 7th Partner), vowing dissolution of the partnership contract, only to pal up on Saturday morning at Borders/Starbucks.
     But...
     At a couple of venues, it's known that we are "Market Mavens" and we get people coming over and picking our brains; or, at least trying.  Our conversation is about Stocks like the guys at the next pool table talk Sports.  We are leery of people outside our group asking for Investment Advice.  It's not such a big deal if someone wants an opinion on a particular stock, has been watching it and has his own opinion; but Heaven Help the Advice Moocher who just wants to know where to put his "piddle".  Particularly with me, if a person hasn't put in any effort into Market Research (and is not a client paying 15% of Port Profs), I can't stand the inquiry! 
     I'm not discussing You Guys leaving me queries in the Comments App; that gives my brain a workout.  I don't consider Readers of my blog to be strangers.  Cetainly not like someone invading my space, attempting to be a buddy, while I'm Bellying Up to the bar.  And I can just anticipate the question when someone I don't know comes over.  If they're not Market Savvy, well, you've just go to be there as I, the cat, toys with that mouse... 

No comments:

Post a Comment