Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our Gamble On Xoma and The Man To Watch...

     Steven B. Engle is now the CEO and Chairman of XOMA.  He Jumped from LJPC in 2007.  We've lost money on our LJPC Stock, though we got our before it went on Life Support (there's still a couple thousand shares floating around in our Ports).  Hmm...  If our investment in XOMA doesn't do well, and it has hit the skids since we first Bought In, I'll know the next company this guy goes to.  If he's running "Pump and Dump", I'll be In on the next one.  And if he brings Xoma52 to the market, successfully, I'll want to stay with a Winner.  LJPC was not a winner, but we're all entitled to that one BIG MISTAKE in our careers.
     I was a successful Telemarketer in L.A. during the early 80's so I know a good Scam when I see it.  Maybe I'm a bit paranoid about Scams, but it has kept me from Loses (and been responsible for some Gains) in the past.

P.S.  We just ReUpped XOMA @ .38, so I'm obviously not that concerned. (first In was @ .70, first reup @ .52 [Heavy])

No comments:

Post a Comment