Tuesday, June 1, 2010

(Always) Time for Management; But Professionally?, Not Quite Yet...

Just go off the phone with my Broker in CC.  She wanted to ask if she could be of assistance or if I was ready to fold self-managed into the account, there.  Told her she needed more coffee or a couple lines, for surely getting in the office @ 4:30 is taking it's toll.  I'm married to The Market and the Thrill isn't gone (yet?) [or maybe we just can't afford to get divorced!], either way...

Losses be Damned, Full Speed Ahead!

Making the Pick and Buying are the least of your concerns when managing Ports.  Learning how to take advantage of downturns is an art worth developing.  If you think a broker is going to make money for you in stocks not on Her Watchlist, boy do you have another thing coming. 
Best to take an interest and take charge. 
When you get that call offering you the "next great Gainer", at least know how to research the co.  I got a stack of prospectuses over here, unread- ready for the fireplace come Autumn.  Hell, I can't take the time to go through every fundamental (those I can understand) on every company.  My Clique and I do our own R&B.  Luckily for me, I consider it part of the fun in investing.  Not to mention the Quiz Fun we have on Friday Nights.
I'm lucky, there isn't too much pump and dump activity at the firms I deal with; but I don't like their "convenience store selection" of leads.  As I keep reminding the Brokers I deal with, there's always room for on more Used Car Salesman...

N/E 

No comments:

Post a Comment