Sunday, May 2, 2010

Off Topic: Ah, Spring Love...

Two Stockbrokers, whose firms I do business with, are engaged!
  
     Now, I'm exploring this.  It is Spring Fever run amuckor Does it have something to do with Market Conditions?  Spring Fever, I can glean no help from; but if it's Market Conditions, and I may be able to make something of it...

     Whether the institution of marriage will make these guys better Brokers is a question.  I figure they'll be of no use 1-3 months after the befuddlement of nuptials and not so much help a year hence as the marriage loses it's glow.  In five years, when the divorces are final, they'll become good drinking buddies at the Pub.  Alas, we've worked around this situation, before.

     Still, there's something in the back of my mind which asks, "why buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free".  But anyone who knows me, knows I'm probably the wrong guy for an opinion on the topic; being happy as a "confirmed bachelor" (Hmm...).  I have, long ago, learned Love has nothing to do with Logic.  Also, I know enough to keep whatever opinions I have to myself; save this one...


(I will apologize, in advance, to you girls for my
apparent misogynist humor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment