Thursday, March 11, 2010

Place "Stop" Orders on All Volatile Stocks!!!...

     As much as I stress the importance of placing Automatic Sell Orders on your positions, I got caught (badly) on Monday.  To add insult to injury, it was re: CLWR!


CLWR went up to 8.55 on Tuesday.  I get a call from a Clique Member telling me our Port had Taken Profs @8.5.  This prompted me to go to a Scottrade Account to check my personal postition (350 shares)  --- 8.04!  I have 22 Ports I help manage as GP of GSI/DaTra.  122-157 stocks to track.  That's my excuse for leaving MY Account wide open????  Just because I don't think a stock will Spike, NEVER means I shoudn't have an Auto Trade put on it!  I, generally, pick a number the stock is nowhere near and make that the autosell price.  And with CLWR the whole strategy is to BUY/SELL HIGH/GO BACK IN LOW because of it's rollercoaster moves!  My horoscope (Leo) said yesterday a leader should follow his own rules...


Today, I stood on the sideline and watched the stock drop.  I will never lose money on CLWR, because I'm "playing with the House's money".  Albeit, not breaking even (without write-off expenses) IS losing!

Thanks for the rant.
Normally, this is where I'd write, "take the lesson",
but this was too "stoopid" a mistake for me to feel so
cocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment