Friday, March 26, 2010

New Picks (finally!) and a Dividend Strategy...

     I must apologize for too much editorializing, lately.  I've positive and negative feedback from you regarding my Editorial Entries.  Anyway, thanks for your patience with the 'Ol Geezer's rant in this Blog.  Now back to what you read my Blog for.

CURRENT:

 Wells Fargo (WFC):  I'm long a BIG FAN of Wells Fargo.  It's the first stock I took profit on (May, 2009).  If you area a devotee of this Blog, you know I liked it @ 28. and went IN @ 27. and change.  I think it's going thought the resistance zone of $33.00.  However, it's a Holding Buy, and well worth it with diversification in mind.
Pike Energy Corp. (PIKE):  Next Q profits will be up.  I expect resistance in the $12 range.  Another stock good for Holding Accounts.
Lithium Tech (LTHU):  This company was almost listed as a Cowboy Trade; and true, there's flash money to be made from it's fluctuation.  It's cheap, real cheap, so anyone could get IN with "loose change" lying around.
Titanium Metals Corp. (TIE):  We went IN on Febuary 11 @ 11.23.  I have since taken a personal heavy position on it.  Most recent good news for the stock is that Boeing is projecting increased production.  The major positive for this company are mineral leases they own in Nevada.  Won't be off the radar for long! 

"COWBOY" TRADES:

Two "Standards" are still viable, and as usual with this type of Trade, set your Alerts and to Watch your Blackberry.  Remember, Cowboys are Flash Trades, In and OUT. 
TGIC
IROG


DIVIDEND PICKS:

     Bank Interest Rates are so low, people will be looking for a place to put  funds to earn money. Dividends Stocks will be the best game in town.  I think this is going to push the price for them in the foreseeable future.  Growth potential will be lower, but the div a hedge even if the stock stagnates.  To do R&B (Research and BUY), check out Dividend Stocks Online.  Also, roll divs back into stock. (Note: If you go to Bonds and Limited Partnerships, they may not offer this option.)

Duke Energy (DUK ):  Energy Sector.  This has been purchased for Holding Accounts by individual Group Members.  It has a stable 6% (+/-) Dividend, but marginal growth potential.  Mom loves it!  An advantage to DUK is one can purchase it directly from Corporate for  a $250 minimum buyin and a .05 per share commish to sell.  Contact Investor Relations, 704/ 382-3853 - 800/ 488-3853, Charlotte, NC 28201-1005
Teekay Offshore Partners (TOO):  Shipping Sector.  This is my favorite stock pick.  I PUMED it so much, my friends began refering to me as "TK" (Douglas put a kibosh to that!).  By way of disclosing: my Mom got IN @ 14.62 and I followed @ 14.79 - heavy, when the div was 14+.  TOO is currently selling in the 19.50 range, yielding 9.2%.  My logistical strategy on this company is, being an oil tanker/storage concern, that it doesn't matter what the price of oil is---it has to be shipped and stored.  Alright, alright; it's the dividend.
     I've an Investment Theory which states if the dividend goes down on a stock, the price of the stock rises.  Three brokers I have mentioned this to, SCOFFED.  I've paid for dinner many times over the past year by using the strategy!

No comments:

Post a Comment