Thursday, February 25, 2010

No "Midas Touch" Here...

Item:
How to turn $1210.50 into $126.00
in 5 Months.
Buy CAGTF

     My folly of self-managed accounts is that  I like to "Play" (Trade, sometimes with no apparent reasoning).  And, all in all, I have done well; beyond expectations
     Then there's the "spare change" trade.  When "Spare Change" collects in the 7 active accounts I have ($32 here, $120 there, $6 elsewhere); I'll consolidate and make a Cowboy Trade.  Since it's money left over from trades and I don't like cash in my accounts (that's what bank transfers are for), it's considered "found money", I have little respect for it.  Sometimes, I'll pick, say, the worst performing stock in all Indices (down 17% or so) and Buy (then Sell in the next few days when the Panic is over).
     On this occasion, it far more risky than a normal Cowboy Trade.  If I was ever going to throw money away, I chose the PERFECT Position:   
     Way back in October, CAGTF crossed my path.  I can't even remember the lead, but I thought this throw of the dice would pay off.  On principle, if a cowboy is down 20%, it's sold and I move on.  Something about CAGTF has prevented me from acting (charts of 52-week High?).  It's sits in a Scottrade Account all by itself, having transfered other positions out.  It's like some Crown Jewel made of Paste or The Strange Uncle No One In The Family Talks About.
Hope must be springing eternal since I refuse to give up on it, but it has a D.N.R (Do Not Resuscitate) Order on it. 
    
    
 Anybody feel like throwing the dice?: 
CAGTF Profile      

No comments:

Post a Comment