Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Did I ever say that the main tool of "intuitive intuition" is being aware of your surroundings.

     I went to the Mall, today.  And this is news because of the frequency of my visits.  The local is owned by CBL and while we were heavily IN, my R&D took me there, at least weekly.  We've long been out of CBL (IN @ 6.95/OUT @ 10.69, 2 Month Hold) and I AVOID the place.

This is the preamble to some observations I made.

DDS (IN 10.66), which some of us own, was NOT busy.  But, really, who's going to hold that past January?
Macy's had a good pace, but the discounts were so deep even I bought something there.

The REAL story is a store called "HOLLISTER".
      The name is on everything in the store.  Their merch is of the jeans and t-shirt variety.  I could only stomach the place for a glance and the reason why is the reason for this entry.  It was populated by what I'm going to refer to as "Hollister Teens".   "Populated" is too mildly descriptive, "OVERRUN" is more apt.  As a "bachelor of a certain age" I avoid this specre of society like The Plague, but there is a lesson, here.  The Mall, itself, had these kids walking with their "Hollister" Brown Bags as if they had just come from Tiffany & Co. 
      I have my peculiarites in investing--- no Burgers, no NBC Affiliated (GE [dispite my mother's Bonds]), anti Too Green; and usually, not Too Common, but the first thing I did was to check the Blackberry for a listing on Hollister (Private, damn).  These Hollister Teens aren't going anywhere, so it's a new Social Track Line.  They consider Old Navy their parent's store and The Gap and Abercrombie is what they can currently only aspire to.
     Social Tracking is going to make us money in Retail for 2010.  It served us well on TLB and DDS in 2009.

Oh yeah, if you go to the Official Hollister website, you'll find the catagories of "Dudes/Bettys" instead of "Men/Women".  Their Marketing knows the Target Audience.  The Clique (all of who know me on "down time") knows that if the following is indicative of  the "Dudes" catagory, I may be wearing the label before too long or buying it for someone not to wear...

R&D has it's up side...

No comments:

Post a Comment