Sunday, October 25, 2009

POSITIONS This Week,


Remember, back in the old days when we threw darts at the board in the den and bought in to whatever company the space corresponded to?  Well, this week is going to a bit of a revisit.   I'll be cashing out stagnant stock and some parked  in MRT.

THE LIST

NewMarket Corp. (NEU).  This  Holding Company is involved in PetroChem.  I don't like petrol because I don't have the time to devote to the R&D and I'd loose my ass in a fundamental-based portfolio.  But, NEU is intesting to me.  The additives they produce for petrol are essential.  They are BIB.  3Q report REALLY caught my eye and I missed that extra $6 on Fri, but I'm in on Monday afternoon, regardless of price.  Now, for the nitty---I want to Sydicate the Buy to keep fees down.  The price Fri. was 103.05 (+6.04) and I am in for 20 shares; looking for 30 Slots to fill the Trade of 50 (standard arrangement).

GlobalScape Inc. (GSB).  As a full-service producer of software for secure data transfer on the internet, this is anothe BIB.  I has been in the Douglas 53 since inception and has, til now been rather stagnant.  New apps and expanding user base is the reason for this Trade.  I am in beacuse I think the stagnation will be over soon and I have the cash.  It has the main attribute for me, CHEAP; Fri. price was 1.69 (+.03) and The Cowboy needs a good buck to ride.

Triad Guaranty (TGIC).  Everytime I  think their office computers are being used to write resumes instead of doing business at hand, I like to throw a litle gelt their way.  That 25% bump in 2 days I made on the company when one of my accounts was tanking over the Summer is "legend"; therefore, I'm going to make another Rolling Stones trade on them.  I'm not okay with .80, but I'm going to trail the bid down and catch it.  It's Proprietary Mortgage Insurance Software is out the door to Essent for $30M, and that cash is going somewhere.  Yippikya.

Blackboard Inc (BBBB).  A provider of eduactional software to facilitate learning over the internet.  Let's face it, with the educational focus on computers, the inernet is the "Sally, Dick and Jane" of the future.  The reason to Buy this stock is a bet on that future.  It's will fit nicely into Holding Accounts.  Pricy, @ 38.50(-.26), as I cringe at anything above $20, but this is a safe bet.  You aren't going to lose, but I don't expect it to raise the roof .

Baskem S.A. (BAK).  This is a PetroChem company from Brazil.  The driving force to my faith in this stock; is the Olympic factor (ala CQB).  Max Agosy tells me it a grower, so I'll stick it in Holding.  14.27 (-.33), I'm IN.  Div is off, and that's disappointing.  We'll be going IN in Brasil until late 2011 and then were getting the hell out.

As for CLWR, our path is already set and I don't know why I had even considered ALTI.

No comments:

Post a Comment