Thursday, October 1, 2009

PAST WEEK


    I'm back from my trip to the boonies; nice time for what I needed.  I reconnected with old friends and enjoyed my extended family.  My mother is great.  Okay...  I came back with an altered perspective of OUR business dealings.  I needed the time away from the constant barrage of information to get it; and boy, did I ever. 

When conversations turned to the Market, there, I was a lone wolf. I wanted to talk strategies and trades so badly during the week, I could have SCREAMED!  I'm known as more of a Cowboy than a Serious Investor in my personal ports, and have earned the right to be a Cowboy with my +percentages, but I NEED input.   

     One of my aquaintances, there, is in a good stuation; better than most.  He moved back to the County, last year.  His house is paid for and he has a good pention from the (what else?) government job he held for 25 years.  He had heard about my interest in the Market and had asked my opinion; which I eagerly gave.  Not too detailed, but the advice (GET IN!) didn't fall on deaf ears. 
     BUT HERE'S THE THING: he had made no effort to educate himself to the Stock Market either through media or the internet (he has access).   Apparently, he had rather watch "So You Think You Can Dance" or "American Idol" than listen to news and commentary on FOX Business or CNBC.  As you know, these modes were educational tools for me during the first part of the year when I began dabbling.  With all respect to Mr Richlin, Esq in LA (whose help I could not do w/o); I've done nicely, thank you.  However, I don't give a damn about what Kate and Jon are up to instead of wheather or not the Saturn/PAG deal is going through (dead?, hold on). 
My opinions on "guilty pleasure" viewing and pop culture is known by you all and the fact that one should have a MINIMUM of 3 portfolio AND 5-8 research shortcuts on the desktop BEFORE even 1 for gamming.  Our gamming is the Market!!!  If one needs a guilty pleasure, try "Cramer"!!!

     Give me the w-e to get the mindset and relax, we're not going anywhere.  And DO NOT CALL ME WITH "WHY?" AS THE QUESTION. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment