Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The past week...



This will be a recap of the past week.
There were positions bought in CQB, STX, CSX and SIRI.

CQB: I have liked this stock for some time (in on June 8th).  I think it's a good buy for a sleeper.   Intuition tells me that bananas are going to grow in popularity. Since this is roughly 57% of operating income... 
Then there's the Olympic Effect, banana Daiquiries are going to become VERY popular.  We'll also be looking for a Rum producer to buy, later.

STX:  Back on May 10th, when I was new to the Game, this was a stock I took for a Holding account.  I still think it's a good pick, but we'll be setting keeping an eye on Stop Limits in January.

CSX:  I know this is a slow mo pick!  My attraction to this stock is a "City Slicker" (safer than a "Cowboy")  Play.  It's a pure intuitive play as I have faith in future Rail Services operations.  It's been on my scope for awhile and I finally had the cash to get in.  It kills me to pay $44 + change for a share of stock; but it's a "best of breed".  I also used it for Portfolio Diversification.

SIRI:  Back in my rookie days, I could either buy SIRI or SIXF for my 25 cent trade.  SIRI won @ .23,and the Stock Gods were smiling on me that day (I did get in to SIXF, but I'll save that for another blip).  I had to take profit @ .52 for the purchase of another stock.  Over the past couple weeks, it's DOWN (not funny because I parked a some money there @ .69!) and we either reupped or went back in.  The rationale behind my continued faith in this stock is based, as usual, on the fact that smarter people than me are involved.  It's got to get to a buck or more to stay w/ NASDAQ.  We'll see.


Now for a Tale Of Woe for the week.  My cumulative holdings of 71153 shares of CAGTF @ .013 is costing me Dinner Money as you read.  I don't exactly know whether it's feast or famine on this GREAT BUY (if you could only know the sarcasm in my thought!) since the "Other OTC" Exchange it trades on is in the other side of the world and may as well be on Mars!  I can't find detailed info on the company and have long forgotten why I thought it was so good in the first place.  I perceived this as a Cowboy Trade, but even cowboys need money for boots and saddles.  Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment