Friday, October 30, 2009

A "Slight" Revelation...

A broker (Bryan) I deal with pointed out the difference between an independent trader and a professional.  How easy for some "Johnnie-Come-Lately", like me, to take an interest in the market in the Spring of 2009 and succeed.  Naturally, it was a very sly inference but I could do nothing but agree.  The revelation was profound and humbling at the time.  And, he's right, I can walk away and hand my Ports over to someone like him to manage (as Majors have been for 19 years).  But alas, who cares!

The Game is fun this year. 

Sorta like the time I took up Golf.  New clubs etcetera.  Couldn't quite get into the rituals and inconvenience of the sport.  Hmm...  In the end, I sold the clubs and continued with the more aggressive sport I love; Tennis.
The Market may be my new Golf; the difference is that I'm keep the clubs, this time.  Or maybe The Market is like Tennis, since I love the aggressiveness of it all.  Go Play...

(Next week, we're going to be making money on the knee-jerk fear in The Market, today)

No comments:

Post a Comment